Saturday, October 22, 2011

First games this month

Well, due to my soul being consumed by xbox360 (dark souls) I have not been hobbying or playing nearly as much as I should have been. I finally dragged my butt out of the house today and headed down to the battle bunker. I played 2 games with my Chaos Space marines. One was a 575 point game against a new player, who fielded the assault on black reach set (1 dreadnaught, 1 captain, 10 space marines and 5 terminators). I fielded my demon prince, 5 khorne bezerkers in a rhino, 5 CSM, and two 7 strong units of lesser demons. This was a surprisingly close game. Just because they are basic AoBR marines, do not underestimate them! It took my demon prince 4 rounds of combat with the dreadnaught to take it out!!! I came out with the win on this.

My second game was against a seasoned eldar player at 1k points. I will spare you the details, but it was a cat and mouse game, and luckily I was able to make several key assaults in rounds 3 and 4. I had 2 demons squads (13 total) and an 8 man bezerker squad wiped off the table, along with my demon prince who was shot off the table in the first round (although it took his whole army to do it). In the end, I was able to castle on his objective with my 5 remaining bezerkers, but one of his fire prisms was able to contend that objective in the 7th round. Very fun and strategically played game!

No comments:

Post a Comment